The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About SASB & The SASB Foundation
SASB’s mission is to help businesses around the world identify, manage and report on the sustainability topics that matter most to their investors. SASB is changing the way investors, corporations and the public think about financially material sustainability factors. With SASB standards, companies can benefit from greater transparency, better risk management, and improved long-term performance while providing investors a more accurate picture of their sustainability performance.
The SASB Foundation is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit responsible for the funding and oversight of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The SASB Foundation supports the work of SASB and provides education and resources that advance the use of SASB standards and the field of sustainability accounting.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing organization that has raised over $40 million in funding, garnered over 11,500 media mentions, and released sustainability accounting standards that have been downloaded over 180,000 times. We develop products, resources and education programs to support the adoption and use of our sustainability accounting standards and are funded by a mix of earned income and grants. We have a talented staff and executive team, with our work overseen by two high-profile boards, drawing members from the FASB, the SEC and the Big 4 accounting firms, major asset owners and asset managers, companies, and academia. Our work is supported by major institutions and forward-thinking individuals, including Chairman Emeritus Michael Bloomberg.
Are you right for our mission and this role? Please make your case in your cover letter.
As Technology Operations Manager you will be part of SASB’s Technology Team, responsible for managing and supporting the technology infrastructure of the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring the office runs smoothly and all technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
You are a roll-up-the-sleeves kind of person that enjoys figuring out puzzles and solving problems. When you see a recurring issue, you are keen to resolve it once and for all. Continuous infrastructure uptime brings you joy. For you, managing technology vendors is second nature. You love working with people and systems equally.
If you are passionate about sustainability and have a strong desire to make a difference in the world of sustainability disclosures, we want to hear from you.
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
Areas of Responsibility
Technology Infrastructure & Vendor Management
- Manage and maintain the network infrastructure, working with vendors on necessary upgrades
- Manage and maintain the IDF at SASB’s office to ensure reliable and secure services
- Manage Internet Service Providers (ISP) to ensure reliable service
- Manage and maintain the VOIP & video conferencing infrastructure
- Manage and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure
- Manage and maintain the intranet (Confluence & JIRA) working closely with vendors
- Administer cloud-based platforms – Office365, GSuite, Adobe Creative Cloud
Technology Help Desk
- Respond to user requests for support. Troubleshoot problems with laptops, peripherals and printers
- Ensure SASB-hosted webinars and video conferences work successfully
- Manage technical aspects employee on-boarding and off-boarding
Asset Procurement & Management
- Track and manage all technology related assets
- Manage licenses, software subscriptions, and renewals
- Order technology-related office supplies (paper, toner, ink, etc.)
Security & Risk Management
- Develop, maintain, and enforce standards and policies for infrastructure and information security
- Develop, maintain, and enforce standards around information retention
- Develop, maintain, and enforce standards and policies to protect physical assets contained within SASB’s office
- Support any compliance-related projects (GDPR, insurance surveys etc.)
- Develop, implement, and enforce technology-related change management policies and procedures to avoid unplanned downtimes
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Management
- Develop and maintain a business continuity (BC) & disaster recovery (DR) plan
- Conduct regular BC & DR simulation exercises to ensure plans are viable and current
- Liaison with building managers as needed
- Lead and/or participate in infrastructure or operational projects as they arise (New Office, Technology Migration, and Technology Refresh etc.)
- Identify recurring issues and launch initiatives to find permanent resolution
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or related field
- 1 – 3 years’ Tech Ops experience
- Experience managing a mixed client compute environment (Windows & MacOS), peripherals, printers and audio visual
- Experience with hardware asset management
- Experience managing Office365, GSuite, Cisco Meraki, AWS, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong project management and vendor management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with a team
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-moving start-up like culture
- US work permit required
Special ADA Requirements
SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate against applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- May be required to drive personal or rented auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full-time position with benefits, located in San Francisco, CA.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com, with the email subject as “Technology Operations Manager”