Food & Beverage
Business Model & Innovation
Open for general feedback
- Phase 1 - Initial Research
- Phase 2 - Stakeholder Consultation
- Phase 3 - Post-Consultation Analysis
- Phase 4 - Exposure Draft Development
- Phase 5 - Public Comment Period
- Phase 6 - Public Comment Analysis
- Phase 7 - Completed
The objective of this phase is to conduct initial research and develop stakeholder consultation objectives
Stakeholder consultations where the project lead will gather input from both companies and investors.
Published Documents & Supplemental Materials
There are no published documents or drafts at this time.
Board Materials & Decisions
Board Meeting Outcomes
- Staff presented key research and consultation findings from the Alternative Meat & Dairy research project, which included a staff recommendation to initiate a standard-setting project.
- The Board unanimously agreed to initiate the standard-setting project recommended by staff: Alternative Products in Food & Beverage. The project scope includes the consideration of new or revised disclosure topics and metrics to address alternative products in the Meat, Poultry & Dairy industry and the Food Retailers & Distributors industry.
- The Board agreed to exclude the Restaurants and Non-Alcoholic Beverages industries from the scope of the standard-setting project. The Board discussed considerations and trade-offs related to whether the Processed Foods industry should be within the scope of the standard-setting project. The discussion centered on challenges related to the prevalence of alternative products in the industry and the feasibility of developing improvements to the existing Standard. The Board ultimately agreed to exclude the Processed Foods industry from the scope of standard setting, but encouraged a resolution to the ongoing research project in a timely manner, given that the sole outstanding question pertains to whether standard setting should be pursued in the Processed Foods industry.
For a full list of past and upcoming Standards Board meetings, as well as associated materials, please visit our Board Meetings Calendar & Archive.
The staff has prepared this summary for informational purposes only. Any Standards Board decisions are tentative and do not change current accounting. Official positions of SASB are determined only after extensive due process and deliberations.