Please note that this document explains our policies regarding privacy practices with respect to information collected when you contact us or visit our websites, including SASB Navigator. It does not extend to the privacy practices of third parties.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Voluntary Submission of Personal Information
SASB collects personal information that you voluntarily submit through your use of our services or communications with us. This information includes any data you send us, which may include your name, email address, company name, role in the company, phone number, billing address, residential address and business address.
Payment information is required for some of our services. Your sensitive payment details are used solely for billing purposes by our PCI-certified payment providers. We do not store payment information on our systems, and only authorized employees at SASB can view transaction information.
SASB collects personal information about you in the following ways:
- Through SASB-configured web forms located on sasb.org or any subdomains of sasb.org
- Through SASB-configured web forms located on sites hosted by our third party service providers. These include, but are not necessarily limited to: GoToWebinar, Salesforce.com, Payments2Us HubSpot, Google Forms, Eventbrite, Kryterion and BenchPrep
- Public comment letters, surveys, and other information submitted by you
- Email communications
- Orders for a SASB product, subscription or publication
- Phone calls
Note: While we collect the above-mentioned information, we respect requests for anonymity in SASB’s standards development process. To request anonymity, please send a written request to the SASB sector analyst assigned to your sector. Respondents can remain anonymous if desired, but SASB retains the right to refer to participants in general terms (“an issuer in the extractive industries sector,” “a private investment manager holding public equities and debt,” “a sell-side industrials analyst,” and similar).
Your personal information may be used by SASB to:
- Build and market products and services based on user trend and user interest analysis
- Personalize your website experience
- Pre-populate online forms for convenience
- Send periodic communications based on user interest or user type
- Directly contact you via phone or email
- Maintain records
- Develop stakeholder and/or participant lists for internal use by SASB
- Assist our standard setting process
- Support the operation of the site (for example, technical troubleshooting, account maintenance, etc.)
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or legally binding requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for SASB to disclose your personal information.
We require a subpoena or court order to provide user records to law enforcement. We only disclose content, like the substance of your communications with us, in response to a probable cause search warrant. If we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency involving danger of death or severe physical injury, we may provide the limited information necessary to prevent that harm, if we have it.
If we are ever compelled by law to disclose your information, we will notify you and give you the full details of the request before we disclose it unless prohibited by law or a court order.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
We may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a SASB service and/or product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Information About Use of Our Services
Our Sites collect usage-related information, including URLs visited, date and time of visit, Internet Protocol (IP) address and referring pages. We use HubSpot and Google Analytics to track user engagement, troubleshoot problems and improve Site usability.
Cookies and Other Technologies
SASB Sites, email messages, and advertisements use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
These technologies help us to:
- Better understand user behavior
- Market products and services
- Analyze which parts of our websites people have visited
- Facilitate and measure the effectiveness of web pages, products, services and advertisements (including remarketing).
Information about how to opt out of our cookie-based tracking is below.
Third-party cookies and other technologies used for tracking usage and marketing on our sites are the following
- HubSpot Tracking Cookie – For more information, click here
- Google Analytics & Advertising Cookies – For more information, click here
- Twitter Pixel Tags – For more information, click here
- Facebook Pixel Tags – For more information, click here
You can opt out of the above mentioned cookie tracking by turning on the “Do Not Track” settings within your browser.
You can opt out of the collection and use of your information for ad targeting here
Disclosure to Third Parties
SASB may make certain information available to third-party service providers that work for SASB to provide products and/or services. Personal information will only be shared by SASB to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties, unless otherwise stated at the time of collection.
Transfer of Assets
SASB Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 is using our service, we will delete any data that we have collected about that child.
Protection of Personal Information
SASB takes the protection of your personal information seriously. All login transactions and credit card transactions are protected in transit using Transport Layer Security (TLS), or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) when TLS is not available. Sensitive payment information like credit card information is stored in systems provided by service providers who have PCI compliance certification. Only authorized SASB employees have access to view payment information.
Integrity, Retention and Access to Personal Information
To request access to your information, please email us at email@example.com
– If you do not wish to receive communications from SASB, you can use the links provided in each email communication to opt out of any future communications. If you continue to receive email communications please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– To opt-out of Google Analytics tracking, download and install the add-on for your web browser. The Google Analytics opt-out add-on is designed to be compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Firefox and Opera. In order to function, the opt-out add-on must be able to load and execute properly on your browser. For Internet Explorer, 3rd-party cookies must be enabled. Learn more about about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here
To opt-out of cookie based tracking, please refer to your browser documentation to disable cookies. Doing so may result in reduced functionality on our Sites as well as others
Third‑Party Sites and Services
SASB Sites may contain links to third-party websites. Information collected by third-party websites, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
SASB Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to SASB employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Please contact email@example.com
for any inquiries.
Updates to Policy