The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About SASB & The SASB Foundation
SASB’s mission is to help businesses around the world identify, manage and report on the sustainability topics that matter most to their investors. SASB is changing the way investors, corporations and the public think about financially material sustainability factors. With SASB standards, companies can benefit from greater transparency, better risk management, and improved long-term performance while providing investors a more accurate picture of their sustainability performance.
The SASB Foundation is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit responsible for the funding and oversight of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The SASB Foundation supports the work of SASB and provides education and resources that advance the use of SASB standards and the field of sustainability accounting.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing organization that has raised over $40 million in funding, garnered over 11,500 media mentions, and released sustainability accounting standards that have been downloaded over 180,000 times. We develop products, resources and education programs to support the adoption and use of our sustainability accounting standards and are funded by a mix of earned income and grants. We have a talented staff and executive team, with our work overseen by two high-profile boards, drawing members from the FASB, the SEC and the Big 4 accounting firms, major asset owners and asset managers, companies, and academia. Our work is supported by major institutions and forward-thinking individuals, including Chairman Emeritus Michael Bloomberg.
Are you right for our mission and this role? Please make your case in your cover letter.
As the Operations Associate to the Research Team, you act as the glue between the Research Team and the Standards Board, directly enabling the development of SASB’s industry-specific standards. The Research Team is made up of a group of highly motivated individuals who are responsible for conducting the core standards development activities and you are excited to join them. You are similarly enthusiastic about working with and supporting the Standards Board, a prestigious group of experienced subject matter experts responsible for the oversight and stewardship of the Standards. You enjoy the critical role you play in planning and executing organized and effective engagements between the Research Team, Standards Board, and the public. You take pride in providing professional and efficient logistical support for the Standards Board and Research Team, including organizing high-profile events such as public board meetings and external speaking engagements. Finally, you act as the internal liaison to the Research Team, ensuring continual communication between the Team and other departments within the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Research – Standards
Areas of Responsibility
SASB’s work is fast-paced and, while the primary areas of responsibility are as follows, we value adaptability and a collaborative mindset.
Standards Board and Research Staff Interface Management
- Facilitate the flow of information between the Standards Board and the Research Team as well as manage the transfer of formal Standards-setting documentation
- Prepare key materials for Research Team and Standards Board meetings, including meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, summary reports, briefing materials, etc.
- Draft and maintain key Standards Board documents (meeting minutes, reports, etc.)
- Track and ensure the timely completion of action items arising from Standards Board and Research Team meetings
- Maintain the Standards Board and Research Team activity calendars, including meetings, events, and engagements
- Support Standards Board and Research Team budgetary planning and expense handling
Planning, Logistics, and Project Support
- Plan and execute Standards Board meetings in San Francisco and New York, including both public and closed meetings
- Support relationship management with key external stakeholders
- Coordinate Research Team and Standards Board member participation in external speaking engagements, working with the Communications Team
- Assist with Research Team projects – primarily providing support in coordinating external advisors to participate
Manage the Fordham University partnership, working directly to plan and execute collaborative work with the Fordham Steering Committee, Standards Board Chair, and Directors of Research.
- Deep commitment to the mission of SASB
- Strong operations experience, including the management of team schedules, logistics, and communications
- Experience planning and executing multi-stakeholder meetings and events, including public events
- Professional demeanor, experience and comfort in representing an organization in interactions with senior-level external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- Collaborative mindset
- Project management experience
- Undergraduate degree (BA or BS) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to travel to New York on a biannual basis
Special ADA Requirements
SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate against applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- May be required to drive personal or rented auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full-time position with benefits located in San Francisco, CA.
US work authorization required. SASB will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject as “Operations Associate.”