The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Executive Assistant to CEO – SF
About SASB & The SASB Foundation
SASB’s mission is to help businesses around the world identify, manage and report on the sustainability topics that matter most to their investors. SASB is changing the way investors, corporations and the public think about financially material sustainability factors. With SASB standards, companies can benefit from greater transparency, better risk management, and improved long-term performance while providing investors a more accurate picture of their sustainability performance.
The SASB Foundation is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit responsible for the funding and oversight of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The SASB Foundation supports the work of SASB and provides education and resources that advance the use of SASB standards and the field of sustainability accounting.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing organization that has raised over $40 million in funding, garnered over 11,500 media mentions, and released sustainability accounting standards that have been downloaded over 180,000 times. We develop products, resources and education programs to support the adoption and use of our sustainability accounting standards and are funded by a mix of earned income and grants. We have a talented staff and executive team, with our work overseen by two high-profile boards, drawing members from the FASB, the SEC and the Big 4 accounting firms, major asset owners and asset managers, companies, and academia. Our work is supported by major institutions and forward-thinking individuals, including Chairman Emeritus Michael Bloomberg.
Are you right for our mission and this role? Please make your case in your cover letter.
Reports To: CEO
Areas of Responsibility
SASB’s work is fast-paced and while the primary areas of responsibility are as follows, we value adaptability and a collaborative mindset.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, assist with travel planning, scheduling and accommodation
- Prepare documents, presentations, reports, and memos for internal and external meetings
- Assist CEO in engaging with external stakeholders – scheduling meetings and calls, providing CEO with background documentation in advance, and preparing all engagement materials
- Answer inbound calls and emails, distribute and respond as needed
- Maintain key contacts in Salesforce (CRM) and ensure interactions are documented
- Work with SASB’s Communications Team to prepare for external speaking engagements
- Coordinate with C-suite executives and their EAs at other organizations
- While support of the CEO is the primary focus for this role, the EA will also provide some limited support of the President (e.g., scheduling external meetings, etc.)
- Commitment to the mission of SASB and enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment
- Experience providing administrative support to C-suite executives
- Experience organizing and supporting internal and external events and meetings
- Ability to manage a complex calendar and exercise judgement as to scheduling priorities
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM), Office 365, expense reports
- Strong people skills – willing to proactively reach out to people to establish relationships
- Polished and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Execution-oriented, proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- 5+ years’ relevant experience, preferred in Financial Services
- BA required
Special ADA Requirements
SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- Required to drive personal auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full-time position with benefits, located in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY.
US work authorization required. SASB will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com, with the email subject as “Executive Assistant to CEO”