The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
About SASB & The SASB Foundation
SASB is changing the way investors, corporations and the public think about ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) sustainability factors. Our mission focuses on setting sustainability accounting standards for public companies to bring social and environmental capital to the attention of mainstream capital markets and enhancing our outreach to key stakeholders such as the SEC, investors and issuers.
The SASB Foundation is responsible for the funding and oversight of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The mission of The SASB Foundation is to support the work of SASB and provide the market with education and resources that advance the use of SASB standards and the field of sustainability accounting. The SASB Foundation is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing organization that has released sustainability accounting standards that have been downloaded over 70,000 times, garnered over 11,500 media mentions, and raised over $30 million. We develop products, resources and education programs to support the adoption and use of sustainability accounting standards, and are funded by a mix of earned income and grants. We have a talented staff and executive team, and our high-profile board is led by former NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg and includes former chairs of the SEC and FASB.
Are you a good fit for this role and is it a good fit for you? Make your case in your cover letter. Generic pitches never make it to the top of the pile.
The System & Data Analyst will be part of the technology team, playing an integral role in helping build applications that are necessary for supporting the SASB mission. Working with the technology team, the System & Data Analyst will be responsible for managing the existing application portfolio, implement the future roadmap for these applications as well as build any new applications or API based integrations as needed.
In the past two years, SASB has utilized machine learning to analyze public company filings. The System & Data Analyst will have the opportunity to learn and carry forward our current initiatives.
If you are passionate about sustainability and have a strong desire to make a difference in the world of sustainability disclosures, we want to hear from you.
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with technology team members
- Collaborate with internal SASB teams in defining and scoping requirements
- Design, develop and roll out solutions
- Highly motivated individual with interest in enhancing skills and learning new technologies especially in machine learning
- Work with teams on post-launch improvements and enhancements
- Manage project timelines and take ownership of project delivery
- Work with vendors and/or contractors as needed
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors or masters in computer science or related field
- 1 – 3 year professional engineering experience. We are open to any developer that has technical prowess
- Experience in Java development, particularly in web application development using Spring, Ajax and SQL
- Experience in Python development. Experience using scikit-learn is a plus
- Experience in relational databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience in managing data and taxonomy
- Knowledge of modern web development practices such as Git, SVN, Maven and Agile development
- Experience architecting and consuming API
- Interest in enhancing skills and learning new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with a team
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-moving start-up like culture
- US work permit required
Special ADA Requirements
SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- May be required to travel via public transportation, taxis, airplane, or other means of transport to remote work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full time position with benefits located in San Francisco, California.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com, with the email subject as “System & Data Analyst”