The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About SASB & The SASB Foundation
SASB’s mission is to help businesses around the world identify, manage and report on the sustainability topics that matter most to their key stakeholders. SASB is changing the way investors, corporations and the public think about materially relevant ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) factors. With SASB standards, companies can benefit from greater transparency, better risk management, and improved long-term performance while providing investors a more accurate picture of their sustainability performance.
The SASB Foundation is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit responsible for the funding and oversight of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The SASB Foundation supports the work of SASB and provides decision makers in the market with education and resources that advance the use of SASB standards and the field of sustainability accounting.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing organization that has raised over $40 million in funding, garnered over 11,500 media mentions, and released sustainability accounting standards that have been downloaded over 180,000 times. We develop products, resources and education programs to support the adoption and use of our sustainability accounting standards and are funded by a mix of earned income and grants. We have a talented staff and executive team, with our work overseen by two high-profile boards, drawing members from the SEC, the FASB and the Big 4, major asset owners and managers, issuers, and academia. Our work is supported by major institutions and forward-thinking individuals, including Chairman Emeritus Michael Bloomberg.
Are you right for our mission and this role? Make your case in your cover letter. Generic letters don’t persuade us.
At SASB you will be the go-to person for pulling together internal expertise and resources in order to maintain strong relationships with our customers. You get bored if you do the same thing over and over so you are intrigued by SASB’s diverse offerings and unique customer mix. You like that you’ll be working closely with all types of organizations in the capital markets to enable standardized data architecture (think “Intel Inside”-type relationships) and provide unique materials to learn about the financial impacts of sustainability. You are looking forward to learning why customers find value from SASB’s products, which include licensed IP and data, educational programming, and an online research portal. You have a vested interest in making sure products are implemented well, reducing customer problems down the line, which is why you invest the time in good product maintenance. You’re excited about being a crucial person in helping SASB succeed, especially when 2018 product sales eclipsed the previous 4 years combined.
You have learned from experience that authenticity and trust are essential to building relationships. You are quick to respond and err on the side of being too helpful. You like developing systems and processes to help you stay on top of customer support and ensure customer status is up-to-date in Salesforce.
You set and achieve stretch goals while pursuing ongoing learning and personal development. You combine a problem-solving mentality with a resilient demeanor to help SASB test, learn, and achieve what’s never been done before. You practice good habits with communication, open-mindedness, and trust, and you expect the same from your team members.
REPORTS TO: Director of Education & Partnerships
Areas of Responsibility
SASB’s work is fast-paced and while the primary areas of responsibility are as follows, we value adaptability and a collaborative mindset.
- Lead implementation projects for product refinements, which will involve (a) taking a vision and rough project plan and turning it into a detailed implementation plan, (b) planning and conducting or overseeing QA processes, and (c) post-implementation debrief. Projects could include expanding our SASB Industry Classification System (SICS) to include new security identifiers (e.g. CUSIP and SEDOLs), streamlining data delivery methodology, and/or deepening 3rd party mapping relationships
- Represent Products team interests with the SASB Research and Technology teams to ensure other teams understand customer use cases and to stay abreast of opportunities to leverage other teams’ work to support and enhance product offerings
- Organize, plan, and successfully execute logistics for SASB’s products including scheduling customer feedback calls, survey outreach, and notification of product changes
- Oversee existing systems to ensure good record-keeping for customer status and contact information (for licensing organizations and customers of the FSA Credential and SASB Navigator), and accurate monthly sales reporting while identifying and implementing new and more efficient systems
- Maintain licensing files in collaboration with research content and processes, product sales needs, and customer experience management
- Maintenance should balance customer needs with efficient file management while always keeping the files up-to-date with active updates (identified proactively during the course of working with the files) and passive updates (identified by internal or external stakeholders)
- Compile clear and concise reports about customer use, feedback, and feature requests, with accompanying analysis
Customer Engagement and Support
- Lead customer support by answering inbound questions and meeting customer needs, with a 24-hour response time for inbound inquiries
- Lead the onboarding experience for licensing customers with accuracy and an eye for efficiently maintaining good customer experiences
- Surface ideas for operational improvements to enhance the customer experience or refine backend product maintenance
- Manage customer support systems, maintaining and streamlining use of technology to continue high-quality support while user base grows
- Maintain regular communications with existing customers to keep them up-to-date, including a quarterly update for licensing customers
- Propose concise talking points and marketing strategies based on experiences about what resonates with customers
- Deliver demos or other support as needed and when it would be a good use of time relative to other priorities and potential customer value
- Help SASB achieve product objectives and earned income sales goals
- Manage operational tasks related to all aspects of the product development, product sales, and customer delivery process
- Commitment to the mission of SASB
- Enthusiasm for startup environments; comfort with fast-changing conditions – flexibility is important
- Proven experience giving customers and potential customers prompt attention and helpful support
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, conditional formatting, advanced formulas etc), Microsoft Access skills a plus
- Strong aptitude and interest in quickly learning SalesForce fundamentals, developer tools, and best practices required, SalesForce experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Execution-oriented, able to get things done quickly and with excellent quality
- Strong process orientation; sees how to improve things
- 4-plus years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of asset management and investment research data needs a plus
- BA required
Special ADA Requirements
SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regards to applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Areas of Responsibility” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- Required to drive personal auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full-time position with benefits located in San Francisco, California. Some travel, less than 10%, may be required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject as “Data and Services Manager”