The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About SASB & The SASB Foundation
SASB’s mission is to help businesses around the world identify, manage and report on the sustainability topics that matter most to their investors. SASB is changing the way investors, corporations and the public think about financially material sustainability factors. With SASB standards, companies can benefit from greater transparency, better risk management, and improved long-term performance while providing investors a more accurate picture of their sustainability performance.
The SASB Foundation is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit responsible for the funding and oversight of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The SASB Foundation supports the work of SASB and provides education and resources that advance the use of SASB standards and the field of sustainability accounting.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing organization that has raised over $40 million in funding, garnered over 11,500 media mentions, and released sustainability accounting standards that have been downloaded over 180,000 times. We develop products, resources and education programs to support the adoption and use of our sustainability accounting standards and are funded by a mix of earned income and grants. We have a talented staff and executive team, with our work overseen by two high-profile boards, drawing members from the FASB, the SEC and the Big 4 accounting firms, major asset owners and asset managers, companies, and academia. Our work is supported by major institutions and forward-thinking individuals, including Chairman Emeritus Michael Bloomberg.
Are you right for our mission and this role? Please make your case in your cover letter.
You will be responsible for managing SASB’s CRM platforms. These systems are core to what we do here at SASB. We take our customer data and content very seriously. As a standards-setting organization at the intersection of investors, corporations, and market intermediaries (tools providers, accountants, lawyers, and regulators), SASB works with all organizations in the capital markets to create standardized data for industry-specific sustainability factors.
You are a roll-up-the-sleeves kind of person that is serious about ensuring systems are designed to help people find information faster and provide improved insights. You like jumping in and proposing solutions when you see a problem. Salesforce administration by walking around (SABWA) is a natural habit and getting more people using Salesforce is something that you enjoy. You are systems and process-oriented and love integrating systems together to make processes better.
If you are passionate about sustainability and have a strong desire to make a difference in the world of sustainability disclosures, we want to hear from you.
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
Areas of Responsibility
- Technical ownership of Salesforce CRM platform
- Manage and maintain integration of Salesforce with the inbound marketing platform HubSpot
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to configure and enhance Salesforce to meet the expanding needs of SASB
- Translate user stories into practical solutions
- Proactively manage the data integrity, privacy and accuracy of customer data
- Bring teams together periodically to foster Salesforce best practices and increase adoption and usage of Salesforce
- Collaborate with technology team members in driving projects to completion in line with data and cybersecurity best practices
- Manage project timelines and take ownership of project delivery
- Work with teams on post-launch improvements and enhancements
- Work with vendors and/or contractors as needed
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science or related field is a plus
- 1 – 2-years’ experience administering Salesforce; experience with Apex programming and/or HubSpot is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development
- Proven track record of translating user stories into practical solutions
- Highly motivated individual with interest in enhancing skills and learning new technologies
- Strong interest in sustainability and mission of SASB
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with a team
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-moving start-up like culture
- US work permit required
Special ADA Requirements
SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate against applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- May be required to drive personal or rented auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full-time position with benefits, located in San Francisco, CA.
US work authorization required. SASB will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject as “Business Analyst”