Web Content and Production Manager
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
The Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)’s mission is to help businesses around the world identify, manage, and report on the sustainability topics that matter most to their investors. SASB Standards identify the subset of environmental, social, and governance issues most relevant to financial performance in each of 77 industries. SASB is a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Standards matter because progress on disclosure brings us closer to progress on performance. When investors can compare companies and direct capital to the ones best managing business-critical sustainability issues, capital markets and society are more resilient as a result. At SASB, we believe the capital markets are a powerful lever of change for a more sustainable and just world. We need transparency at scale to enable this lever.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing organization that has quickly gained market support. Leading global investors support SASB Standards as a core component of corporate disclosure. We develop products, resources, and education to support the adoption and use of our Standards and are funded by a mix of earned income and grants. We have a talented staff and executive team, with our work overseen by two high-profile boards, with previous experience at the FASB and SEC, and the Big 4 accounting firms, major asset owners and asset managers, companies, and academia. Our work is supported by major institutions and forward-thinking individuals.
Are you right for our mission and this role? Please make your case in your cover letter.
As a key member of SASB’s Technology team, you will be leading the effort to build and maintain our websites using our content management system. This includes developing and optimizing assets to add interactivity and functionality, performing site maintenance, updating website content and posting announcements, and applying quality assurance guidelines. You will work collaboratively with our Communications team and product marketing managers. You will serve as the liaison between the different functional groups at SASB, focused on ensuring our content is top-notch in terms of quality, aesthetics, and editorial standards.
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology. The role will have a dotted line reporting to Director of Global Communications
Areas of Responsibility
SASB’s work is fast-paced and, while the primary areas of responsibility are as follows, we value adaptability and a collaborative mindset.
Content management and CMS Administration
- Administer SASB.org and microsites as per established governance model
- Take ownership of WordPress, the CMS system used to manage web pages and content
- Coordinate and execute content changes and updates with Communications team and content owners
- Coordinate and collaborate with Communications team, product marketing managers, and content owners to develop web copy and other content
- Schedule and conduct regular reviews with Technology and Communications teams, and content owners, regarding content consistency and page performance
- Work with SASB’s Channel Manager to monitor website effectiveness and user engagement using existing analytics capabilities – Google Analytics & Hotjar. Optimize the website based on data driven analysis. Research and implement additional analytics capabilites as needed.
- Administer all technical updates to websites. Periodically review, update. and test WordPress version, PHP, WordPress plugins, API integrations, hosting and Cloudflare setup, and custom codebase to ensure there are no cybersecurity vulnerabilities or technology obsolescence
- Collaborate with the Communications team to ensure SEO related considerations and best practices are followed and appropriately implemented.
- Research latest technology developments and stay up to date with organizational priorities to ensure SASB’s CMS systems are utilizing the appropriate technology stack
- Lead projects related to enhancing SASB’s web presence
- Collaborate cross-functionally to determine requirements and drive projects to completion.
- Complete most small projects in-house
- As necessary for larger projects, assess, engage, and manage external vendors and collaborators, including, but not limited to designers, developers, user testing participants, and data migration and copy editing contractors
SASB knowledge: Optimizing the content of the website and making strategic web communications decisions requires a nuanced understanding of SASB Standards and standards-setting process, which can be obtained by reading recent SASB literature and SASB Standards
- Commitment to the mission of SASB
- Enthusiasm for entrepreneurial startup environments and collaborative work style
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and a high degree of initiative
- Execution-oriented, able to get things done quickly and accurately
- Strong process orientation; ability to see how to improve things
- Undergraduate degree (BA) required. Concentration in Technology or English preferred
- Superior analysis skills, including technical aptitude and ability to comprehend and synthesize complex information
- Excellent writing skills across a range of formats and audiences
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deliver to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional and ethical standards and a diverse workplace
Special ADA Requirements
SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- Required to drive personal auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
Location & Logistics
This is a full-time position with benefits located in San Francisco, California. [SASB will be operating remotely until at least January 2022 due to Covid-19]
US work authorization required. SASB will not sponsor applicants for this position for work visas.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected], with the email subject as “Web Content and Production Manager”